Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Good Bye Ann Person

Yesterday, my friend Gail sent me Ann Person's obituary:

http://www.oregonlive.com/window-shop/index.ssf/2015/08/ann_person_obituary.html

Apparently, she was sharp as a tack right to the end -- and I am not surprised.

The woman was a genius...and her influence on the sewing industry was huge and long lasting.  I learned a lot from Ann Person, and to celebrate her impact on my life -- I would like to share my best Ann Person story...


Mary Mulari had recommended me to Joanne Ross as a speaker.  When Joanne called to invite me, I had no idea where Puyallup, Washington was.  I had never even attended a consumer sewing show...

But I gleefully accepted Joanne's invitation -- and basically made some new clothes and packed up everything that fit me.  My seminar title was, "How To Dress With Style When You Feel Like Cher But Look Like Roseanne".

At the end of the first day, a woman came over and said, "Hi, my name is Nancy Cornwell and I've sold out of every pattern you talked about.  Who the hell are you and why didn't I know you were going to be here?"

One thing led to another, and by the third day, Nancy had invited Ann Person to come to the show and sit in on my seminar. ...

the rest -- tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment