Friday, July 31, 2015

Bed Linen....Sheet Sets...

You know how fascinated I am by all-bed-linens...Remember -- I WROTE THE BOOK...!!
The sheets in this cover shot were the first I ever made -- out of a linen damask tablecloth...

And they wore like iron! For many years...through countless launderings. But IT'S TIME FOR A NEW SET...
I found this stunning, 100% linen tablecloth at an estate sale. $4. I'll show you the finished sheets...when I get them done...
I have many beautiful sheet sets. However -- I care very little about the pillowcases matching the top sheet, and that kind of stuff.

However -- since all my sheets are white, when it's time to make the bed, I often had to pull out five or six sheets before I found a FITTED sheet and a FLAT sheet.  Which is why I started to do THIS...
First, I fold the flat sheet....
Then, I fold the fitted sheet...and taco them together...
I add three pillowcases to the pile (we have four pillows on our bed)
I put the sheet bundle into the 4th pillowcase...
AND NOW I HAVE A WHOLE SET OF SHEETS...
Then, every Monday, when Carrie comes -- all she has to do is pull a pillowcase package off the shelf, and there will be a whole set of bed linens, ready to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment