Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Favorite Blankets

For many, many years, I have had one child here every week....cuz that's how I like to do it. One kid...for one whole day...all by him/herself.

My grand-nephew, Parker, is 16 years old now. When he was a baby, he spent one day a week at my house. Then, kind of in order, I had Cale, Ambrose, Garret, and Cash. It was wonderful...and I believe kids keep you on your toes. They bring an energy into the house....spending time with children puts your life into perspective...

Lillian was four when Warren was born. So I had plenty of alone-time with her. But it's been harder to do with Warren.  Because Lilly wants to come, too. Although, I do mostly have Warren ALL BY HIMSELF on Wednesdays.  I call that my Warren day...
When it's the two of them -- the house looks like this!! Uncle Ross is their human trampoline...
When they have a quiet moment -- Warren wants to sit with his "B"...his favorite blanket...
Lillian, who is six, only cares about her "B" when she goes to bed at night. She has a pink B at her house, and a yellow B here...
Warren has about 30 "B"s...It all started with a couple of flannel blankets my sister Ronda made for him. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his Bs...That was his first word...and it is his major comfort item!!
But WE ALL KNOW WHAT A PROBLEM IT IS when a child is attached to one particular item -- because if you lose that item...your life is a misery.

It was almost too late when that fact dawned on me....One of Warren's Bs was threadbare, and getting holes from the washing.  Hey -- it's just a piece of flannel -- I must make some NEW ONES -- right??

No comments:

Post a Comment