Saturday, July 25, 2015

Yelp Recommended Reviewer!!

At first -- when my review of Jim and Linda's didn't come up on the Yelp website, I thought it was because it had to be approved by somebody. Huh? Then, life gets pretty busy around here -- and I put it out of my mind.

Every now and then, I'd check back -- but my review was never there.

THEN, in a moment of epiphany, I realized my review WAS there, but because I was NOT a "Recommended Reviewer", it wasn't actually posted.

Hummm...I did a little digging on the Yelp website -- and found this explanation.


NOW I GET IT. I wrote one negative review -- so their algorithm probably thinks I am getting an acrimonious divorce from the owner. If I had written only one RAVE review -- they would believe I was having sex with the owner.

OF COURSE...so, all I need to do to become a "Recommended Reviewer" -- is write some other reviews??

So, last month, I started to write Yelp reviews. Lilly and I are both getting quite a kick out of this new activity.

I am happy to report that one week ago -- my very negative review of Jim and Linda's finally came up on their page. Six people have declared it "useful".

No comments:

Post a Comment