Thursday, July 30, 2015

New Blankie??

So, the problem is that Warren's flannel blankies are wearing very, very thin...

Warren has a B with him any time he stops moving....
Originally, when Ronda made the flannel blankets, they were 45 inch squares.  Because of constant use, and frequent laundering, several of his favorites have developed holes.
I cut down his football blanket, and rehemmed the edges...Warren didn't seem to miss the size...
OF COURSE, I tried to make some new flannel blankets for him. I bought some new flannel, and hemmed around the edges.  Then, I washed the new blankets with some of his favs...

One afternoon, I put him down for his nap with a new B and an old B. He stood up, looked me squarely in the eye, and held the new B over the side of his bed...and dropped it on the floor.

For a child who doesn't talk much -- he is an excellent communicator...
So, instead of buying new flannel fabric from the fabric store -- I bought some OLD flannel receiving blankets from the Goodwill store. 
And I used a little hem tape to iron the tatters from his original football B onto the thrift store B...
I was hoping there was just enough of the OLD B to keep him interested...
What do you think?  Will he accept the new franken-B??

No comments:

Post a Comment