Thursday, July 16, 2015

Linda's Frankenpurse

Here I am again, with my PURSE CRITERIA. And, as always happens -- I start to pollute the people around me. A coupla weeks ago, I was thrift store shopping with my cousin Linda (my most frequent side kick) -- and she LOVED this purse!!  It's made out of light weight fabric, which is good...
The orange graphic is what appealed to her...and it has a white interior, which is another criteria...
The PRICE was right...
But it needs a longer, cross-body strap...like the black one on the racoon purse
I paid 95 cents for the racoon purse because I NEEDED THIS LITTLE PIECE of hardware...that's what makes the magic happen...
Now, if only it had an outside pocket for her phone and keys. If only I had a little makeup bag I could sew on the front of the bag...in a matching shade of orange...with another big flower graphic...OH -- WAIT...
I cut the original handle, and used the stub to sew on the new hardware...
Then, I made a long strap....
Now, as soon as I get the latest pictures out of my camera -- you'll see Linda with her new Frankenpurse...!! P.S. Remember -- not every project turns out the way you planned...

No comments:

Post a Comment