- Clinton Showboat (15 miles) was doing "Sussical the Musical".
- Eldridge High school (10 miles away), the local community theater group was doing "Big Fish".
- Circa 21 Children's Theater (20 miles) How I Became A Pirate
- Circa 21 professional troup was doing The Sound of Music
- Ohnward Fine Arts Center (40 miles) Bingo, the Musical
- Walcott Colisium (30 miles) Becky and the Ivanhoe Dutchman
- Timberlake Productions was doing Peter Pan
|Here's a photo hint...|
|Lillian LOVED our one-time accidental Bingo game. I thought it sounded like a winner.|
|And I was anxious to attend something at the Ohnward Center in Maquoketa, Iowa|
|We recently discovered this place when the TMBC had lunch with Carol Bodensteiner...|
|But I DID TAKE A PICTURE of their fabulous ladies rest room. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???|
|Really. This bathroom was as big as some stadiums I've been in...and SPOTLESS, TOO...|
The Ohnward Fine Arts Center belongs to the people of Maquoketa. This 29,800 square foot performing arts center was built entirely with private donations, a Vision Iowa grant program and with Gary Drew leading volunteer labor. More than 900 families, individuals and businesses donated financial assistance, volunteered their labor and loaned or donated equipment and materials to complete the project.
The Ohnward Fine Arts Center of Maquoketa officially opened in December of 2004. With the help of over 95,000 volunteer hours and $900,000 in little and big donations, the community of Maquoketa built this state-of-the-art Ohnward Fine Arts Center without the use of a single city or school tax dollar.
|YOU GO, Maquoketa!!|