Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Nancy's Sewing Weekend


Yesterday (Monday) -- Carrie came for her usual cleaning day at my house.  BUT THE REAL MISSION was to help me get the samples ready for Sewing Weekend -- and to clean out my car so I could actually transport said samples.  lol...

I am sure I've said this 30 or 40 times already -- but  MARY AND I ARE SUBSTITUTING FOR NANCY ZIEMAN...and I am FEELING THE PRESSURE...(Mary?  Not so much...)

Hell, yes, I am nervous.  It's like these women were looking forward to dinner at Morton's Steakhouse...and instead, they get served a Whopper and fries...

***************

A blog post from 2010:

**************
Oh, yeah -- I have a wonderful life. On Mother's Day Weekend -- I was invited to teach at  "Sewing Weekend" at Nancy's Notions in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. They get thousands of women to come to town -- and invite the best speakers in the industry to come teach -- and then they must BUS the ladies all over town -- to church basements, high school auditoriums, the skating rink, etc. Of course, they open up the warehouse and create a HUGE SALE EVENT...It is AMAZING...

And what a first-class event it is. This is a picture of Mary Mulari -- in her motel room, admiring the fabulous HUGE "Harry and David" gift bag!! REALLY?? EVERY SPEAKER GOT A GIFT BAG...


Here's what was in Mary's Harry and David gift bag...I could hardly wait to get back to my own room to see my gift bag...


Here's my gift bag....well, the truth is, I started to eat the MOOSE MUNCH before I remembered to take the picture. Moose Munch is caramel popcorn, drizzled with chocolate and lots of cashews. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? My lack of willpower is so sad --I ate 2000 calories worth of Moose Munch before I got a grip on myself. Then -- before I could go to bed that night, I had to run tap water into the Moose Munch bag....



The bag also contained a fancy blue glass bottle of designer seltzer water -- AND, most impressive -- a hand-written note from Mike Schuester -- the President of Nancy's Notions.

Nice, people.....very, very nice....

Being part of Nancy's Sewing Weekend was a complete joy -- and I took LOTS OF PICTURES -- and you'll be reading ALL ABOUT IT in the coming weeks.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't destroy the rest of the Moose Munch!!!!! OMG!!! That's like so my favorite! Next time you get 120000 calories of it in a goody bag, mail a few thousand calories worth to me :-)
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete