When I got home, there were several emails from ladies from my Saturday seminar in Beaver Dam -- asking about the Zipper Cheat on my porch sofa cushions.
Remember -- the challenge of this sofa was to NOT SPEND ANY MONEY. I was using fabric out of my stash (even if I had to PAINT it to make it work)...and buying six long upholstery zippers was not in the budget.
Besides -- I am NOT A ZIPPER GIRL...mostly I leave that job to Mary Mulari -- my Ya Ya Sister who inherited ALL THE ZIPPER GENES in our family....
I looked at the cushions -- and thought about my options. It occurred to me that somebody else had already done the hard work. These six zippers work fine...they are the right size...they fit the cushions already...hummm...
|I thought about how I could re-use the existing zippers...I have NO INTENTION of picking out the stitching...and, besides, I'd still be stuck with the job of sewing in six long USED, puckered upholstery zippers....|
|First, I cut the entire bottom (including the zipper) off the first cushion cover...|
|Then, I just topstitched two pieces of zebra fabric down both sides...|
|Here's what it looks like on the back side...|
|This is the front side. WHAT A GREAT CHEAT...!!|
|After I topstitched the new zebra fabric in place (hiding the ugly floral print) -- I cut it down to size...|
|AND I added a zipper stop at both ends...|
I am LOVING MY revamped porch sofa...