Thursday, May 7, 2015

Lilly and Dresses I make for her...

I AM IN BEAVER DAM TODAY......and, if things go right -- Emily and Lillian will be coming up here tomorrow.  She's taking Friday OFF school, and will see Mary and I do our Ya Ya show tomorrow night.

I made Mommy & me dresses for them -- and, as you know, sometimes, Lillian is not that fond of the things I think are so cute...

I wrote this blog in 2012. 

*******************

Lillian has always had two little white dogs in her life. Bella and Sophie. Bella is actually her mother's dog. But Sophie has always belonged to Lillian...they are each other's best friend and it is a beautiful thing to see.

One of these days, I'll get smart about digital pictures and I'll make dozens of photo albums for Lillian...all about her early years with this precious little dog...


The two of them are a match made in heaven. Sophie is like her favorite toy and comfort blanket all rolled up in one...

So, when I found this sweet little white dog applique -- OF COURSE I knew it would be the perfect Christmas dress for Lillian...

The dog applique (on a baby dress) was the FIRST treasure. The SECOND treasure was a size 5 dress with a black velvet bodice and a long skirt of black and white taffeta...OH MY....

I decided to make two big pockets. Asymetrical, of course...IT TURNED OUT SOOO CUTE... I can hardly wait to see Lillian wearing this dress...


I hope she likes it more than THE LAST TWO LITTLE WHITE DOGGIE DRESSES I MADE FOR HER...

Although I am not optimistic -- I just couldn't help myself. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment