Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wisconsin Road Trippin'

TODAY I'm doing one of my favorite things!! I AM TAKING A ROAD TRIP. Driving HOME from Beaver Dam. All by myself -- listening to a good book on tape -- .

taking in the breathtaking scenery that is Wisconsin in spring.  I am easily amused...

I am taking Mary to the Madison airport early in the morning -- then I have the whole day to meander back to Iowa.  I will pass through some of the prettiest little towns in America...and I turn a 3-hour trip into at least six or seven hours in the car, by myself.  Sometimes I like to just think.  Sometimes I use the time NOT to think...but simply enjoy the scenery and the beautiful weather...

Sometimes, I pick up a Subway sandwich and stop at a park or a roadside table. Last year, I was amused when ONE trash truck stopped at this rest area and emptied EVERY SINGLE BIN...lol...

Of course, to perk myself up THERE WILL BE LOTS OF THRIFT STORE SHOPPING along the route...

And I've been over these roads often enough -- I now have some favorite places I like to stop for a coffee break or an ice cream cone...

Yes, I do know how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment