Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Good Team


You all know what a lucky girl I am. One of the great things in my life is living in Iowa. A land of quiet cornfields with a complete lack of traffic jams...and I appreciate all that. But I also appreciate the fact that when I DO FEEL LIKE getting out into the world -- there is always a LOT HAPPENING around here.

One of the business groups I enjoy is the PR Network -- and they have kick-ass monthly programs. Where I ALWAYS learn something...My niece, Kelcy, is also a member...

Recently, they had a half-day workshop....and it always strikes me HOW MUCH TIME WE ALL SPEND ON OUR DAMN PHONES...(these between session times used to be when we CHATTED WITH THE OTHER ACTUAL PEOPLE...)


Kelcy and I with the speaker -- she was amazing. The topics on this day were all about social networks, marketing, etc.  LINKING IT ALL TOGETHER....

But, sometimes, even with the NEW TOPICS -- the advice goes back to Confucius...


Kelcy is expecting baby #3 -- and I am always SO DELIGHTED to spend time with the younger generation. She put up the Facebook page for the Sawyer Benefit -- and we tag-teamed the posting.  We make a pretty good team. Here's how it goes. I think up an idea -- say -- a beautiful FARM cake -- to be auctioned off. Kelcy recognizes a great idea when she hears it. So -- she has her Mom (my sister DEENA) -- bake the actual cake.

Sooner or later -- somebody's gotta EXECUTE....

No comments:

Post a Comment