Tuesday, May 14, 2013

First Load of Treasure...


First of all -- I need to explain that since Ross has moved back into the house -- we have completely changed some of our television viewing habits. Now we watch the BIG BANG every night. AND I am hooked on Mad Men. He loves, loves, loves, everything about that show -- all the 60's references, and the constant Don Draper DRINKING. With those classy glasses....

A couple of weeks ago, there was a set at the local auction...and the woman who BOUGHT them told me she was going to sell them on Etsy for $60. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Of course, the GOOD NEWS is that this gives me something to search for as I indulge myself in my favorite thing to do -- TREASURE HUNTING...And -- sure enough -- at a beautiful St. Vincent De Paul thrift store in Verona -- I found THESE...

Gorgeous. Heavy leaded crystal....and they were 60 cents apiece....

One of the BEST THINGS about thrifting in Wisconsin is that I find LOTS OF LANDS END stuff. They send truckloads to the Bargain Nook chain.

AND on this trip -- I found a big bin of beautiful pants for 50 cents EACH. UNBELIEVABLE. The normal price in this store is $2 a pair. The 50 cent price was because they had less than a 28" inseam. Hey -- GOLF SHORTS, PEOPLE!

YES -- MY LIFE IS PERFECT BECAUSE I CAN SEW...!!!

AND, OF COURSE there had to be a gaggle of pithy t-shirts. This one says "DON'T FOLLOW ME -- I'M LOST"

This is a poor picture of a stunning jacket. Boiled wool, Lands End -- size 2X  -- and it was $3.99. I AM NOT KIDDING YOU...

A really beautiful hombre chiffon scarf -- 48" square...which was $5....

Brian Andreas, of the Story People, is one of my favorite artists.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE his artwork and have several pieces hanging in my house. So you can imagine my delight when I found this print for only $3....

This print is called No More Secret. And words say: I will always remember the day the sun shone dark on your hair. And I forgot where we were and kissed you lightly on the nose and suddenly there was no more secret.

OH, YES, it was a very, very successful treasure hunting trip!! I still have not unpacked my car...and the BEST IS YET TO COME...because I haven't written about the two things I bought from my new artist-friend-Jeanne....but they are in this bag...and there will be a STYLE SHOW SOON...

No comments:

Post a Comment