Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Deborah!!


Today is my sister Deb's birthday. I think she's 40 years old today. Hey -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

We have had some amazing adventures, Deb. And NOBODY sews like she does. Although it is a hobby that came to her late in life -- sewing machine embroidery just LIGHTS HER UP. I thought about posting pictures of the many wonderful jackets she has embroidered for me over the years....and I still might do that.

But, then, with a bit smile on my face, I decided to post some pictures of a few of our favorite adventures...

LIKE -- the time she took all her girls (five of them) to NEW YORK CITY...(Stacy was sick when we took this picture.)




Deb took ALL OF US to the American Girl store for a beautiful dinner...

It was only 2009 -- but Ally and Lexi look SO YOUNG HERE. They were the PERFECT age for a trip to New York City.

We got tO the TODAY show at 6:00 in the morning to stand in line...at this moment, we were enjoying a cup of hot coffee and looking out the window, right into Rockefeller Plaza...

Remember the breakfast we ate uptown? At the corner of 112th & Broadway -- the restaurant that was such a big part of the Seinfeld show...

Just when I think there's no way we could top that trip to New York City -- DEB SETS UP A SISTERS TRIP for Sew Expo!! Here she is at Pike Place Market...(trying on RINGS OF COURSE)

Every night, back in the condo, we had a shopping "sew and tell"...

And my sisters LOVED ALL THE STYLE SHOWS...and the classes, special events...

And maybe the best sister moment I ever had with Deb was seeing her with Simon Haskins. OMG.

She's made so many of his embroidered quilts...her talent, and artistic touch with the embroidery machine, and her passion for this hobby she loves is simply MIND BOGGLING...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB

No comments:

Post a Comment