Friday, May 24, 2013

Orange Couches

The summer of 1967 was the Age of Aquarius (in more ways than one).  My cousin Jackie and I shared an apartment in Davenport, Iowa.  We both worked two jobs, often not getting home until after midnight.  We smoked cigarettes, and stay up late talking about all the IMPORTANT ISSUES of the day.  Often, we'd end up at the only 24-hour restaurant in the area -- Ross's...where we'd smoke some more...

GOD -- WE WERE SO SMART WAY BACK THEN...WE HAD ALL THE ANSWERS. 

The other day, I was on the street where we shared that first apartment -- and I suddenly remembered the orange couch we had....

It looked something like this...AND I ONLY WISH I COULD FIND ONE JUST LIKE IT.


I need a bigger house...YES -- THERE WILL BE A COUCH STORY COMING SOON...

No comments:

Post a Comment