Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sew Expo Dress Detail

As you can imagine, I have way more t-shirts than I have dresses to make. So the answer seems to be to smack as many slogans as I can on each dress. And no dress is ever really FINISHED. I just keep going back and making tweeks, adding things, maybe some fringe or a new pithy t-shirt slogan. This one says "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes. Because then you're a mile away and you have their shoes."


My signature FRINGE is simple...I add a flat piece of knit in between any seam as I sew it... sometimes a single layer, often a double layer (like the red fringe in the first picture -- or the white piece of fabric in the picture below.  Then, I cut the fringe when I'm watching the Real Housewives...

Then -- I DECIDED TO BRAID THE BACK of the dress. I am having SO MUCH FUN with this technique. Last summer, the first thing I did was to braid two sides of an adult t-shirt -- making a swim cover-up for 5-year old Elizabeth...
THIS IS SO MUCH FUN. I finished Dress #3 -- and will be posting pictures..I experimented with some fabric bleaching...and vegetable painting...and, come to think of it -- I could make some cuts in that plain black sleeve...and maybe twist some pink t-shirt knit somehow...

HEY -- I'VE GOTTA GO...

No comments:

Post a Comment