Thursday, February 21, 2013

Celery Fabric Painting

This dress started with a gray size M top. I liked the different animal prints...how they combined the leopard print with the zebra print...but, obviously, there was not enough fabric for a MAXI DRESS...

No problem. I found some plain gray knit....

And my friend Sandy suggested I use celery to paint the leopard print...hummm...

PERFECT..!! And soooo much easier than trying to use a brush....very uniform...there are different size celery stalks...WOW.. WHAT A GREAT IDEA...

This will be the ZEBRA DRESS I wear at Sew Expo next week. ON FRIDAY...
BECAUSE I AM ASKING ALL MY PEOPLE TO WEAR ZEBRA ON FRIDAY...that way -- I'll be able to tell WHO YOU ARE....even from a great distance!!

2 comments:

  1. Very creative, love it!

    I am so excited for Zebra Day! :) We (sisters/daughter) are going all out. We are letting our 'wild' side out to play. :) Let the fun begin........

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.....Celery!!! You have inspired me.......:) See you at Friday Night Live!.......Linda In Othello

    ReplyDelete