Friday, February 1, 2013

First Sew Expo T-shirt DRESS

Sew Expo is only ONE MONTH AWAY! And, for me -- a BIG part of this wonderful job is deciding WHAT I'M GOING TO WEAR...!! It is SEW MUCH FUN to wear something jazzy and new and creative every day of the show. The last couple of years -- my focus has been on the jackets, of course...


My sister Deborah embroidered so many jackets for me -- last year she CAME TO THE SHOW...(which meant embroidering MORE jackets for MORE people, of course...)



But -- JUST TO BE DIFFERENT -- and because it TOTALLY, COMPLETELY AMUSES ME...this year, I've decided to make maxi dresses -- out of recycled t-shirts...This dress started with the inspiration of the black and white sequins shirt -- which was a size Medium. But, of course -- I don't care about that. My plan involves CUTTING IT UP... adding a red sleeve and a black sleeve...

And incorporating some pithy t-shirt slogans....(that is the WHOLE POINT, right?)

Of course -- there WILL BE FRINGE....

And you'll have to come to the show to see if this cartoon made the cut...


HOLY COW...this is SEW MUCH FUN...I can hardly wait to wear this dress out in public!

No comments:

Post a Comment