Monday, February 11, 2013

Princeton Players

No doubt you get sick of hearing this -- but I LOVE PRINCETON, IOWA. There are so many wonderful things happening in this little town.

Like, for example -- the Princeton Players.

Periodically, they put together a play or an entertaining event.

Last weekend, there was a TALENT SHOW...

Here I am -- sitting with a good friend of my sister Deena -- it's always like that in a small town. Either you know somebody, or somebody you know does......

The new venue for our events is the upstairs of Boll's General Store. A 100+ year old building -- it was our small general store until about ten years ago. After Merlyn Boll died, he left the building to the city. Princeton uses the main floor for a community center. The upstairs has a stage -- and in the 1920's, that space was used for roller skating and movies...

When they set up for a show -- there are probably 200+ seats...

On this night, we had local singers, some dancers, a few dancing ministers...I thought everybody was EXCELLENT.

My niece Amy had a better seat than I did -- SO I gave her my new camera.

Hoping, of course, she would do a little video of Cale playing the guitar while his friend Kegan did the singing. THEY WERE AWESOME...But you'll just have to take my word for it. Because apparently, Amy was mesmerized by their performance...

so there is no video. Darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment