Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Champion GIGANTIC egg

Again with John and his eggs.
Every now and then, one of the girls (I mean -- chickens) -- will lay a MONSTER egg...

This egg was so gigantic -- it went on tour for a few days.

It traveled in it's own little round suitcase...lined with a linen napkin...

It weighed almost 5 ounces -- and compared to a regular JUMBO sized egg -- you can see how really BIG it is...

When John finally cooked the gigantic egg -- it looked like this...

It almost looked like the State of Iowa...with just a few modifications...it would have been a great picture...
But John did not see my vision.
The last time I had this much fun with an egg, I was in Eileen's Roche's Texas kitchen. Her then-teenage-son-Ted and I were trying to use that only-sold-on-television-contraption that was supposed to peel hardboiled eggs...
I don't care what Ted goes on to do with his life. He could be a lawyer, a diplomat or a brain surgeon...but if the two of us are ever in a room together, we will both start to laugh -- remembering THAT fiasco...

No comments:

Post a Comment