Monday, July 16, 2012

Shoes, Babies & Snickers

At the lawn party for Nora's baptism, Kelcy is the official family photographer. Sometimes that means she is so busy taking the pictures of everybody else, she's NOT in many of them herself...because she is always concentrating -- doing THIS...

Kelcy would get the "official pictures"-- like this moment of the actual baptism.  Chad & Becky
with their girls and the couple from their church. 

This is a lovely picture of RuthAnn, the retired minister who performed the baptism. 
I also wanted to point out the Irish Crystal bowl -- with the baptism water. 
I am no photographer.  But I like to get the random shots to commemorate the moment...
It was a complete shock to me that my sister RONDA is getting pink and orange pedicures!! 
A lot of my nieces and nephews were at the picnic that day. My boys were both out of town -- but as I looked around, I realized the torch is being passed. These kids are the adults-in-charge now. And they are a pretty good looking, loving bunch...
My niece, Glennda and her husband Rob were visiting from Tennessee. 

My niece Amy with her husband Bill.

My nephew Mitchell and his wife Stacy...


This is the very healthy apple/kidney bean salad I took.  WHICH NOBODY TOUCHED...
The couple from Chad's church in Pella. She and her husband  were sponsors for baby Nora. 
She was so nice....what was her name?  I'm gonna call her Barb...

I even took a "shoe shot" because her sandals were terrific....
I sat on the end of the bench with Barb and her husband. She leaned over and, still smiling,  said, "Rita, would you please warn us if you decide to get up suddenly?"

Excuse me?? The woman is saying because I am so fat, she's afraid she'll end up on the ground? Really?
Just for that remark -- I'm going to eat a double helping of the Snickers Salad...

No comments:

Post a Comment