Thursday, July 5, 2012

Bussey, Iowa

Yesterday, I was watching the TODAY show -- like I always do (I am shocked that I don't miss Ann Curry) -- and I saw this wonderful story about an artist in a small town.  The name of the town was Bussey.  And it wasn't until the very end that I realized the name of the state was Iowa.

Click on this link... to see the story about Bussey, Iowa and the new mural there.

I love towns that have murals on the sides of the buildings.... AND as it turns out -- Bussey is about two hours away.  I FEEL A DAY TRIP COMING ON...

Here's a mural near my cousin Linda's house in Bettendorf, Iowa...
I think it was a community art project for young people...and it is a block long retaining wall...
That had been nothing but boring cement for many years...
I don't know who had the idea -- BUT BRAVO!!  It is very well done!!
Art is where you find it. Sometimes it's in a museum or a gallery...sometimes it's on the side of a building or a chalk drawing on a sidewalk....and I always LOVE a building mural...like this one....
Does anybody live in this town?
Our special "DINNER CLUB" night during my visit to Olympia.  Shelton, Washington right, Pat?
The best thing about the Bussey, Iowa mural story is the STORY behind the story. The man was almost killed in a car accident, and the people in the town helped him raise his kids. Oh yeah. I love Iowa...

No comments:

Post a Comment