Friday, July 27, 2012

Kelcy & Myla's Maxi Dresses

My new addiction: Recycled t-shirt Maxi Dresses. OMG.

I don't know when I've had more fun sewing. Really. There are sooo many enjoyable elements to this addiction.

FIRST OF ALL -- it gives me a great excuse to GO THRIFT STORE shopping...you'll be reading more about that in the coming weeks...

Secondly -- it gives me the PERFECT EXCUSE to use those funny words on t-shirts that have, for so many years, made me laugh out loud...

Third great thing -- I love, love, love the idea of "Mommy & Me" dresses. Probably because I had two boys.

For Kelcy's birthday, I was inspired by these words...which set a black and white tone for the dresses...


I took the dress to breakfast club on Tuesday morning for "Sew & Tell" and Sandy held it up so I could take the picture...

For Kelcy's actual birthday -- Myla tried on her little version of the one-sleeve black and white striped dress with t-shirt fringe...HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING CUTER?? Oh My...
AND, yes, her Mommy looks stunning in the maxi version...(maxi just won't work for a one year old baby)...


MY TWO BEAUTIFUL MODELS...they ROCKED the dresses, don't you think?
Oh, yes, this is going to be fun. Although, clearly, I MUST QUIT SHOPPING.

I have purchased so many twenty-five cent t-shirts (Tuesday is "quarter" day at the Bettendorf Goodwill store).... if I made ten dresses every week, I'd be 160 years old before I ran out of t-shirts...

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love this!!!! We are so cute!! I always feel famous or something when you blog about me :) :) LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB-U-LOS!!!! Love it, they both look beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete