Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pass it On

As you know -- my niece Kelcy is the best photographer I know. Ironic that I end up taking pictures of HER -- and often, they look like this...
But -- thre was a REASON I wanted to get this picture!!

Because just a year ago -- KELCY STARTED TO SEW!!
The girl is fearless!  She whips into a project with no pattern whatsoever.  She wanted a unique bonnet for her newborn photos.  So -- just because she could -- SHE MADE ONE...

No, Myla, you're a year old now, honey -- the bonnet is not for you...

Myla is a SHOE FAN...and I'm sure when she's a mature woman, she will remember her Great-Aunt-Rita toenails.  Who knows what they'll be doing for pedicures by the time she's my age??
Here's my point.  (Yes, I know -- ofthen there IS NO POINT)...

You never know what will make an impression on a kid....

So you never know what you are "passing on".  My mother didn't think about what she was passing on when she did the laundry every Monday morning...My mother-in-law, Helen Farro, didn't think about the fact that we would be eating her pesto or tabouli salad many years after she was gone....
If you love to sew -- pass it on.  Get the little kids involved.  Let them pick out the fabric, and create something of their own.  You never know what's going to "stick"....maybe it'll be my pedicures, my wacky porch furniture, or crazy t-shirt pillows....
With my cousin Kim, enjoying one of our "porch moments"...(the pillow says DO NOTHING, Avoid Criticism)
Thanks, Mom!  Line-dried sheets and pillowcases are one of the joyful pleasures of my daily life...
You just NEVER KNOW what a child is going to remember.... My theory is you should GIVE THEM LOTS OF CHOICES...lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment