Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dress For Success

Now that the E team has moved back to Iowa -- Lilly is just ten minutes away. I am delighted. A long time ago, I realized the most important thing I will ever do is to make a difference in the life of a child.

We can have Sunday dinners at Grandma's house...and regular overnight visits...we can establish our own special little weekly traditions...

Of course -- be careful what you pray for, people. It used to be that every time Lilly came into this house (and I mean EVERY time)-- she'd run back to her little room and find a dozen new things -- dresses or tops or pants or hats, or coats or boots or crowns or Barbie dolls...

But that was when they visited six times a year...And NOW THEY visit at least once a week...How is a Grandma supposed to keep up??

LOL...of course, it turns out I have NO PROBLEM with coming up with a huge number of fun new things for Lillian to find in her room.

The problem is going to be the SHEER AMOUNT OF STUFF this little girl has to deal with....IT'S A LOT OF PRESSURE.   Since she's learned how to put on her own clothes -- she LOVES changing and picking out her own outfits.  And she does her level best.  But that means that in a single day, she might change clothes ten or twelve times.  Really.  I am not kidding. 
LOVE the layered gypsy skirt...and she thought the top was a perfect match...

Sometimes, there are wigs to go with the outfits...

This was Lilly's first attempt to take MY PICTURE

Still wearing the gypsy skirt, she added a cherry dress AND a crown...
The other day, to make room for a new Moon lamp and Moon bookshelf -- we did a little redo of Lilly's room (by "we" -- of course, I mean Carrie)...there was a VERY LARGE BAG of size 5 summer clothes -- which I promptly delivered to Lilly's new house.

Emily just looked at me.  "She has at least six tubs of summer clothes, Rita..." (she sounded a little weary -- because me cleaning out my house means yet another mountain of stuff for HER to deal with)...

So many cute clothes...so little time to be a Size 5....

No comments:

Post a Comment