Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Maquoketa Flea Market

It's late January, the house is quiet and there isn't a Christmas ornament hanging anywhere. TIME TO GET BACK TO NORMAL...

I only have a nanosecond of "normal" to enjoy -- because soon I'll be ramping up for the Puyallup Sewing & Stitchery Expo. So I want to make the most of this precious time...

With a rare Sunday to enjoy -- Bert & I spent the day in Maquoketa, Iowa. One of those small towns the world has passed over -- many downtown storefronts have been empty for years. Several times a year -- they have a big Flea Market at the fairgrounds -- and on this particular Sunday it was JUST WHAT WE NEEDED...

Bert drives -- I take the pictures...

The weather has been so mild -- there was a surprising number of outdoor vendors this time...


We see the most interesting stuff....I wish I had room for this small wicker desk...
What is this wire thing for??

I am always drawn to the kitchen booths...

Bert is always attracted to the vintage clothing. The label in this jacket was hand-sewn in...


It's a terrible picture -- but all the hand sewing was just spectacular. I hope you get the idea...
There was a HUGE crowd on this day. You really had to go slow and take your time...NEVER a problem for us...

I decided to buy this book for Ross. He is a huge Cubs fan -- and this might get him in the mood for spring training...

My BIG PURCHASE of the day is actually in this picture...and it was pretty major....

But you'll just have to wait for a later post to see what it was...


Because, like all big purchases, it meant doing A LOT OF WORK once I got it home...and the purchase may or may not work out...


Ugh...

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmmm.....I see a lot of chairs in the picture.....
    Laura in Puyallup

    ReplyDelete