Sunday, December 12, 2010

Mothers and Daughters

I don't mean to HARP on this -- but during the holidays, I often envy the women out there who HAVE DAUGHTERS.

Here's a picture of my sister Deena with her daughter Kelcy. Like me, Deena had two wonderful sons -- Chad and Toby. But then -- She got pregnant one more time -- and had Kelcy. We BOTH enjoy this girl to the max...one of my favorite trips to New York City was with Deena & Kelcy. We had a ball...

This is a great picture of my cousin Kim's daughter -- Carrie -- with her adorable little girl -- Elizabeth. Carrie comes to my house once a week to KEEP ME ON TRACK. She is one of the most capable, hardest working young Mom's I know -- with a heart as big as Georgia. Kim, Carrie & I had a fabulous time in NEW YORK CITY. Remember the dinner at Carmine's girls? We are looking forward to taking Elizabeth there -- to lunch at The American Girl!! Just let me know when!!

I love this picture of my cousin Linda, and her mother -- my Aunt Ada. The longest visit I ever had in NYC was with Linda. We stayed at the apartment of my friends, Judy & Steve -- up on 112th & Broadway. WHAT A GREAT WEEK THAT WAS...we both remember it fondly...

And, of course -- my MOST FREQUENT New York City traveling buddy -- my cousin Kim -- here with her mother, LaVonne. Kim was on the virgin NYC voyage -- in 1997 -- when "the Little Girls Did The Big Apple". Then -- we took her daughter Carrie -- and we also went again with -- well, you get the idea. Any little excuse and WE GO TO NEW YORK CITY...

Of course, my daughter-in-law, Emily, is as close as I'll ever come to having a daughter. AND, AS YOU KNOW -- SHE HAD A GIRL RIGHT OFF THE BAT..!! Here we are, on the porch last summer, with baby Lillian. Emily & I went to New York City the month before she got pregnant. We are BOTH looking forward to taking Lillian there...

Humm...when I started to write this post -- it was to make a point about the special relationship between mothers and daughters. Instead -- it ended up being about NEW YORK CITY.

Go figure...sometimes, even I DON'T KNOW what I'm going to write about on this blog!!

But I do want to say this -- if you go to the NANCY ZIEMAN BLOG -- in the next coupla days -- and make a COMMENT ABOUT the best Christmas gift you ever made for somebody -- you will be eligible to win a fabulous prize. She is participating in the big GIVEAWAY DAY on the internet -- I'm headed over there right now...fun, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment