Sunday, December 5, 2010

Apronicity And AUNT Rita

HEY -- THIS WAS FUN. A few days after Thanksgiving, I got an email from Cindy, who I never met. She writes the blog for Apronicity...
********

Hello Rita - I posted the photo of you and Amy in her vintage apron to our
website www.apronicity.com. We promote National Tie One On Day. It looks like
you had a lot of fun on Thanksgiving. Cindy

**************

WOW. How much fun is that?? Be sure to go there and read STORIES ABOUT APRONS. Of course, I think Amy is the prettiest apron model...but, then, I'm prejudiced.

After I forwarded the email to Amy, she wrote back to tell me I was the "best Aunt"...which, of course, TOTALLY MADE MY DAY. Being an AUNT is one of the huge joys in my life. Especially because I am the MOTHER OF BOYS...the girls in my life -- who are mostly my beautiful nieces -- bring me GREAT JOY...In this really crappy picture from last summer -- I had a rare outing with my two nieces, Nicole and Amy...


Nicole and Amy are wonderful young mothers. But between them -- they had six wonderful boys -- before the FIRST GIRL CAME ALONG...Memphis Rose.

Remember last year? Ronda was babysitting Memphis during Mary Mulari's December visit -- I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT BABY SAT QUIETLY IN A RESTAURANT HIGH CHAIR FOR MORE THAN TWO HOURS...although, she did not seem thrilled with the fur wrap I tried on her...

Since then -- as you know -- her fashion sense has developed considerably... ow quickly a year goes by. AND HOW FAST THEY GROW UP..!! It's hard to believe this is the same child...!!

And -- believe me -- Memphis takes no guff from her brothers or boy cousins...and SHE KNOWS WHAT SHES LIKES...

I am DElighted to be somebody's Aunt Rita....and I know how lucky I am to have the NEXT generation as part of my life. I adore all these little boys...but not one of them ever let me to sew a ruffle onto a shirt...and, with Memphis and Lillian -- I realize what I've been missing...

No comments:

Post a Comment