Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Girl and Her Dog

Someday, Lillian will be graduating from college, and I'll give her a special gift. It'll be a CD called "a baby and her dog"....and there will be hundreds of pictures like this...
I have never seen a baby feel so comforted and loved by a little dog...

Sophie watches Lilly's every move...she is always available, always there for her...outside her bedroom door, at the foot of her high chair...

Or, if Lillian just needs a hug...

After the little boys' birthday party, Lillian wouldn't let go of her 3 balloons -- and I snapped this picture of her falling asleep in the chair that night. With the balloons AND Sophie...she was sooo tired...

Sophie moved to the floor...but Lilly, who seemed to be sleeping, simply followed her little dog...
And Sophie never, ever, ever makes even a tiny squeak of objection.

When I see Lillian and Sophie together, I understand the power of unconditional love.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photos of Lillian & Sophie. Some people just truly don't understand the bond between a person and their pet. We have two cats who are always near us, no matter where we are in the house. Cannot imagine not having a pet in my life.

    ReplyDelete