Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Deena

Today is my sister Deena's birthday. Yes, I know. That really sucks. And with any luck at all -- she will NOT be reading this blog today -- and neither will you. lol...

But, one day, she'll stumble across it -- and I want her to know I was THINKING ABOUT HER ON CHRISTMAS DAY. As I always do.

My thoughts usually go something like this, "Oh, crap, I forgot to buy Deena a birthday present. Again..."

Deena doesn't often do things for herself. She is a wonderful mother and grandmother -- always there when her kids or grandchildren need her.

So I was surprised -- and delighted -- when this Fall -- Deena attended the "Country Living FAIR" in Atlanta, Georgia with two women friends.

Isn't this an amazing world we live in? She got on a plane Thursday -- hooked up with her friends and they spent two days at the Country Living FAIR -- held at Stone Mountain Park.

I was thrilled to have an inside source who could tell me all about how they did this big fabulous outdoor Women's Expo...in this picture, Deena on the right...


She took this picture JUST FOR ME -- because of the zebra upholstery. I wish she could have got the darn thing ON THE PLANE...

There were a lot of handmade craft items -- these jean jackets were pretty cool...and Deena is a BIG FAN OF JEANS...


Amy Barickman from Indygo Junction was presenting a class in one of the tents...

THANKS FOR THE REPORT, Deena. And I'm glad you took a few days to spend with your girlfriends.

Hey -- HOWZABOUT a sisters' trip?? We are long overdue...

By the way -- MERRY CHRISTMAS, PEOPLE...

1 comment:

  1. Well, Rita, we don't all hate our birthdays on this day! :) Yes, I am Christmas Carol.....at least my middle name isn't "Noel" or something like that. :D

    Happy birthday to Deena. Love the chair! :)

    Carol

    ReplyDelete