Friday, June 12, 2020

The GRAND REOPENING...


Iowa parks closed on March 15.  With so many other things also closed -- theaters, schools, YMCA, swimming pools -- NOT being able to play in an outdoor park added insult to injury.
Oh, yeah -- every town or school playground had THESE signs posted.
Thankfully, after three months -- things were starting to open up....FINALLY -- I'm able to go into a restaurant....(three times in the first week)...but the playgrounds were still shut down.
One Saturday, the kids and I picked up a Kwik-Star lunch and headed to a park in DeWitt.
It was SUCH a beautiful spring day!! The kids were thrilled to get outside...in the SUNSHINE....it wasn't snowing or raining...it wasn't freezing cold or blistering hot....the weather was PERFECT.
After we ate lunch, I got out my bag-o-games...
Lilly won the Qwirkle game (AGAIN)...
But the playground equipment was beckoning..I mean -- IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY. And they haven't been able to play on any equipment for MONTHS...
But, still -- there were ALL THOSE SIGNS....
Hey. At this point -- I figured the safest place in the world was playground equipment that's been cordoned off for three months.

So I told the kids to GO FOR IT...

Hey -- FIRST TIME ON A SWING SINCE LAST FALL...

See,here's the thing. In the last three months, we have learned more about the virus....especially about HOW YOU GET IT.

I read an article recently that said these new habits we have all developed will, (knock on wood) save us from a second wave.

Because NOW WE understand the value of social distancing...and, most importantly, we are WASHING OUR HANDS, and using HAND SANITIZER...which I now carry at all times. Everybody I know carries hand sanitizer now. THAT'S OUR NEW NOREMAL.

I have it in my purse and in my car... 
And it is, very possibly, our best NEW habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment