Monday, June 22, 2020

My New Smart Phone

Okay, okay...so after I got my BRAND NEW CAR...it became painfully obvious that I would also need to once again venture into the confusing, costly world of smart phones.  Ugh.  I made the decision years ago to get RID OF MY SMARTPHONE...BECAUSE -- well -- the reasons don't matter.  That was then...and THIS IS NOW.

But there is ONE BIG REASON I'm slogging back into the troublesome world of smartphones...

Books on Tape.

Ugh.

My new car does not have a CD Player....

Double ugh.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE listening to books on tape.  And because we live in the country -- I'm in my car A LOT.  I also like to listen to books when I'm walking on my treadmill...or when I'm sewing...

There are few things that delight me more than a nice little road trip and a good audio-book...

My love of listening has out-lived several generations of technology...cassette tapes (still my favorite), the CD books (kind of a pain, but I was used to them).  But now I must embrace the technology of "downloading" a book to my smartphone -- which will then play it through my car speakers via blue tooth.

Theoretically...

And so far -- it's not going all that well.

But I'll figure it out.

I'm looking for some tips and tricks here.  I have a Moto G7 Play -- which is a low-end Smartphone -- but should do everything I need it to do.

I already used the Libby app to download some library books -- that was slick.  But I haven't been able to get it to play through my car speakers.  Any ideas?

Also -- do you use your smartphone to listen to music?  If I can figure out the speaker problem -- that's the next thing I'd like to figure out.

Anyway -- if you have any smartphone advice for me -- like, your favorite apps, etc. -- please share!!  My email is...

farrorita@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment