Saturday, June 13, 2020

GOT JUNK QUESTIONS

A few people were appalled that I'd encourage my grandkids to play on a forbidden playground...sorry to disappoint.  But these are trying times, and I feel  like everybody's gotta make their own choices.

Three months ago, when this thing started, I made the decision that I WOULD CONTINUE to see Lilly and Warren on a regular basis....even though grandparents all over the country were being told our grandchildren were radioactive.  Many families have had absolutely no physical contact during all this time...

That doesn't mean I was right and you were wrong.  It just means we made different choices.  And I'M FINE WITH THAT. 

I had a few questions about how the GOT JUNK guys do their pricing...

Here it is.  You sign up online...and when they actually COME TO YOUR HOUSE, they assess your "junk" and give you a price.  Which is a solid number.  There are no add-ons, or extra fees, or surprises at the end of the day (there's a $5 surcharge for old television sets).

When I signed up, I indicated on the form that I thought I'd have "half a load".  Which, by the time Calvin and John joined the party -- turned out to be a gross under-estimate...lol...

But, if it had just been my basement, Adam said it would have been half a load.  That would've cost $300.  And he would NOT BE ALLOWED TO GO UP ON THOSE CHARGES.  Once we agreed on a price, he'd have to quit at half a load.

I couldn't risk that.  Him quitting BEFORE THE JUNK WAS GONE.  

So, we agreed on the price of a full truck.  $580.  The thing is -- if we hadn't gotten there -- if the truck had only been 3/4 full, he would have backed OFF that price.

Which made perfect sense to me.  And seemed more than fair...

GO FOR IT.  1 800 GOT JUNK

1 comment:

  1. When all this started, Mom and I also made the decision to still do things together. We see each other several times a week anyways, so nothing changed.

    ReplyDelete