Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Pandemic Accomplishments

I am SO FORTUNATE to live where I live. And I know it.  Iowa has had very low numbers for Covid 19, and we haven't experienced any secondary increase in those numbers for the last six weeks...so, I am very grateful.

For me, it's time to resume and reclaim a little "Normal". 

Yes, I've been eating in restaurants.  (yippee kayay!)...and the thrift stores are open again..lol...(THAT felt like a major turning point!).

The kids and I are BACK IN THE POOL...and that feels amazing.  Last Saturday, we had the place all to ourselves...

My friends are back to getting together in our homes.  (we are a bunch of old ladies who mostly DON'T GO ANYWHERE OR DO ANYTHING...HEY -- WHAT COULD BE SAFER?).  Last Friday, the MDF had lunch at Sandy's house for a birthday party for Sue...who was celebrating her 83th birthday.  I made popovers and egg salad, and Sandy made a wonderful chicken salad and German Chocolate cake...and, I am telling you -- WE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME.

In two days, I've got another day-trip to meet Rhonda in Illinois...AND I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT...

Next week, I have a day trip to meet with my YOUNG FRIEND ANNE...and I am also looking forward to that. 

I understand there isn't a vaccine...and I know this thing isn't over.  But -- as we move forward, I am confident, and comforted, that at this point, we all know a lot about how this virus is transmitted -- through the droplets of an infected person.  Wash your hands.  Use hand sanitizer.  Don't touch your mouth or nose.  And respect a social distance when you're in a crowded place.  IF YOU'RE SICK, DON'T GO OUT.  It's not rocket science.  IT'S COMMON SENSE...

When I look back on the last three months, my biggest accomplishment will be my basement.  And my upstairs bathroom floor.

The floor IS SIMPLY AMAZING.  Next week, I'm having an official unveiling celebration with my sisters and cousins.  I'll keep you posted...AND I'LL TAKE PICTURES with my new smart phone...(another pandemic accomplishment)...

The next two weeks will be ALL ABOUT THE REVEALS...

*************
When it comes to pandemic accomplishment -- my niece Kelcy wins the Grand Prize.  That girl certainly made the most of her time...and her talents...

Kelcy,  the mother of the four adorable children in yesterday's blog, is a professional photographer.

She specializes in taking family photos (NEWBORNS are her favorites). She loves to do her photo shoots outdoors...and sets up elaborate, unlikely scenes. Like a Victorian settee in the middle of a meadow...that kind of thing.

Taking advantage of her special skills, Kelcy cooked up this idea...which allowed her to "socially distance" from her subjects -- and, also, raise money for a very good cause.
 
Well -- I'll let her tell you about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment