Wednesday, June 10, 2020

How Got Junk Works...

Dealing with the GOT JUNK guys was one of the best experiences of my life. And I am not kidding... They made this SUCH AN EASY JOB. I set up my appointment on the website. My "removal window" would be from 9:30 to 11:30 on Tuesday, June 2nd.

They phoned on Monday, confirming the appointment. I got another phone call Tuesday morning, telling me that my team would be "on time"...

Adam and Marvin were my team -- and the first order of business was to do a walk-a-round to see how much JUNK I had. After seeing it, they give me a price. And they charge according to how filled up the truck will be. A completely full truck is $580. Half a truck would be $300.

My brother Calvin contributed some junk (an old loveseat, a giant old television, a gas grill, etc.). And John also got into the act...he had some rusted out garbage cans, and old garden trailer, a broken power washer...well -- you get the idea.

We've been in this house for 40 years... it's gonna be a full truck.

No surprise to me....

They pulled the truck down to the basement door.

Adam and Marvin got to work. I would point to a pile or a thing -- and they would haul it out to the truck. No judgement, no whining or even rolling of the eyes...they just went about their business...and nothing was a problem for them. They both assured me that they'd "seen worse"...lol...
I had made a list...and they started packing up that truck like it was a Jenga game...
AFTER they put the copper cabinet on the truck -- they filled it with books...oh, yes...I got rid of hundreds of books...
Remember the BEFORE picture?
This is an in-progress pic...making room...I am very hopeful...
I forgot to show you the root cellar!! 40 years of dead fluorescent lights...discarded fixtures, a youth bed, old luggage...
This wood cabinet was probably $5 at an auction...and it WAS NEVER A GOOD IDEA...
I emptied it out..
Adam and Marvin muscled it out of the basement -- through a narrow opening, around a set of stairs
And UP ONTO THE TRUCK...
Adam and Marvin made VERY short work of my LIFETIME MESS.

At one point, I apologized for the giant mess in my basement...

Adam said, "We've seen much worse. On a scale of 1 to 10, you'd be about a 2."

That made me feel so much better...

Then, Marvin said,

"two weeks ago, we had a job in Milan.  The minute we opened the basement door, we had to start loading the truck.  Nobody had lived there for years.  That basement was filled, floor to ceiling with stuff.  Also,  that basement had mice, snakes, and six inches of water..."

I LOVED THESE GUYS..!!






2 comments:

  1. Awesome! We are considering them to haul away some stuff from our house and Mom's. Mainly because we don't want to deal with the long lines at the dump. Our total cost would definitely be at the low end, as no furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will haul a little or a lot -- and you know the price before they start. The day they were here, they were expecting half a load (my bad website estimate) -- but they said that happens ALL THE TIME. They were supposed to pick up an old freezer after they left here. That didn't happen....

    ReplyDelete