Wednesday, June 17, 2020

The Bathroom Floor...

To review -- the upstairs bathroom needed a new floor...
The original peel-n-stick vinyl tiles I laid in 1981 were butt-ugly to begin with.
Five or six years ago, I had to replace four of them -- and, OF COURSE could not find a match -- so I just added some other random butt-ugly tiles...
This bathroom is seldom used, and maybe that's why I've been able to be SO CREATIVE in this room. Remember the shower curtain I sewed and/painted a while back? And, of course, the paint job on the walls is WILD...(there will be an unveiling one day soon)...

So, I wanted something comparable for the floor...

But, I didn't want to spend a lot of money. And I wasn't in the mood for any kind of real renovation project (with workers, or a crew, and a big mess...)

So, I did what I've been doing for the last three months...I WENT ON AMAZON to find some floor tiles.

Except there was nothing DIY fun that would go in this room.

THEN IT HIT ME -- I could turn this into an art project for me and the kids.

So, I purchased something called "floor pops". They are only 3mm thick (which is perfect) -- and they are meant to be laid right on top of an existing vinyl tile floor.

Then, we tested some permanent markers -- (the markers cost more than the tile) -- and went to work.
OF COURSE -- there would be WORDS...
Lilly spent HOURS on this pointillist work of art
I spent about 10 minutes on this one...(getting TIRED OF IT NOW...)
It should say Your Vibe ATTRACTS your Tribe...(close, tho, AZ)...
Our designs were NOT supposed to be matchy, matchy...
OH MY GOD...this project has been SO MUCH FUN. Honestly. It was perfect. I'd be watching television at night, and I'd just make two or three random new tiles. Then, when I was in the mood, I'd go upstairs and cut a few

No comments:

Post a Comment