Friday, March 6, 2020

My WORST Habit

So, last October, when I finally stepped back on the scale, I was not surprised to see I'd gained back 25 pounds of my hard-fought weight loss

Time to GET BACK TO BASICS....

Losing weight has always been a battle for me.  And, even though I was going to the pool almost every day, and making much healthier choices..,,I'd lose a pound one week -- then gain 3 pounds the next.  ugh...

WHO AM I KIDDING??  I need to do an honest assessment of MY BAD HABITS...  


So -- what is a "Habit"??

According to the dictionary:

Habit: a settled or regular tendency or practice, especially one that is hard to give up.

Okay....if you were looking at my daily life, you'd think...SHE CAN'T BE GAINING WEIGHT!! Rita is doing so many things right -- and she goes to the pool almost every day!

WHICH IS TRUE. I start the day off with breakfast, I eat smaller portions, I do Aquacize five or six days a week.

Honestly -- I don't have sweets in the house, there are no hidden chocolate bars or cupcakes in my purse or even in my car...I don't have a bag of fudge wrapped in aluminum foil under the lettuce in the veggie drawer...(incidentally -- all things I used to do on a regular basis)...

So -- WHY AM I GAINING WEIGHT?

Clearly -- I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG.  So -- the challenge is to identify my worst eating habit.

And that was EASY....

Late Night Snacking.

Yep. That's right. Late Night Snacking. John goes to bed early -- and I love to stay up late. And, because I record so many wonderful television programs -- I often stay up until 2:00 or 3:00 AM, watching those shows.

You know -- the Real Housewives of Damn Near Anywhere, the Bachelor, This is Us, All Rise, Home Town, Pioneer Woman, Bull, Dr. Pimple Popper, My Feet Are Killing Me (I'm not kidding -- you can't look away)...Project Runway....

Well -- you know the deal between me and television...some goofball makes a show, I must watch it...

And, at some point, I get the munchies. I need a little salt...with some crunch...hummm...a bowl full of peanuts...or maybe some saltine crackers with cheese.  HEY -- how about some peanut butter on Ritz? ANYTHING GOES ON A RITZ..!!

Before I know what hit me, I've hit the "Pause" button three or four times so I could go into the kitchen....AND GET MORE SNACKS...

Okay.  Now I have identified my WORST EATING HABIT.

The question is -- what am I going to do about it??

No comments:

Post a Comment