Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Facemasks Finishing & Elastic

This facemask pattern has evolved...so I'm bringing you along for the full ride. I can't believe I'm the only one in the world who realizes the unique properties of plain, old t-shirt fabric. It's soft, it stretches and molds to curves or corners...and it is SUPER CHEAP
I started with a long strip of t-shirt fabric...it's about 1 1/2" wide
At each side of the mask, I sewed the t-shirt strip RST.
Turn it to the backside, and stitch-in-the-ditch in the front. Cut away the excess fabric on the back.
Cut a piece of 1/4" elastic 25" long (this works for me -- you may want it to be a few inches longer or shorter)...use a bodkin or safety pin to pull it through one side...
Then, pull it through the other side...NOW sew the elastic to form a perfect circle!
To be fancy -- hide the joined ends in one side...and zigzag it in place.
Taking this step makes for a perfectly smooth piece of elastic -- both at your neck and on the top of your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment