Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Bed Linen TREASURE.

So, as much as I love talking about SWEDISH DEATH CLEANING...the simple fact remains. My name is Rita and I AM ADDICTED TO THRIFTING...

And -- I mean -- who doesn't love finding something like THIS???
A box, wrapped in it's original cellophane...
With two pristine "fine percale" pink trimmed pillowcases!!
SO STUNNING..!!
AND how about this?  100% cotton, 200 thread count, brand new Queen fitted sheet.
In it's original cellophane.  The price on the back had NO BARCODE...
The cotton is lux -- and I love the stripe pattern....but I knew the fitted corners would not be deep enough.
NO PROBLEM...I cut the elastic off (4" from the edge)....then, added 4" of a random gray fabric.
I marked the sheet every two feet or so...which made it much easier when I reattached the original elastic.

I''m telling you -- THERE IS NO END TO THE SIMPLE JOY THRIFTING BRINGS ME....

But I really MUST START GETTING RID OF SOME OF THIS TREASURE..!!

2 comments:

  1. Your Franken-sewing solutions are often quite brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant?? Wow. A girl just can't hear that word enough, y'know??

    ReplyDelete