Saturday, March 28, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME..!!

Okay -- this post is about the party that never happened.  Or, to be more precise -- the party that has NOT YET HAPPENED.

Last year was my milestone 70th birthday party.  I wanted to do something MAJOR...maybe even ramp up a girlfriend-cruise...you know -- really CELEBRATE!!  But, for a lot of reasons -- mostly John's bout with dementia -- it just didn't work out.

So -- okay -- THIS year, I have another chance.  EXCELLENT.  In February -- I sent out this email:

************* 

RITA IS THROWING HERSELF A BIRTHDAY PARTY 

I'm inviting my sisters, cousins, friends and their daughters.....to join me for an old-fashioned 1949 pot- luck-Sunday-Dinner meets a 2020 girls-night-out. 

I'll provide the FRIED CHICKEN...and my guests will bring side dishes. 

We'll eat a delicious meal -- then break up into several groups to PLAY SOME GAMES...


Who: The Women, daughters and granddaughters in my life....

Where: Boll's Community Center (428 River Drive, Princeton, Iowa)

When: Sunday, March 29, 2020 -- 1:00 PM - 4:00

What you need to know...

• Bring a dish to share. (let me know what you want to bring -- I'll keep the master list, and will be sending out email updates.)

• Wear an apron. (I'll have plenty of extras)

• Bring a wrapped white-elephant gift. These will serve as our game prizes...Use your imagination. It's the perfect opportunity for you to REGIFT....

• I'll send email updates and reminders.

LOVE, Rita

*********** 

Of course, then, the sky fell in.  Obviously,  I won't be having a party any time soon...and I know my birthday party is not a pimple on the ass of the world.  

This is definitely a crisis situation, and our gift to each other is that we all must STAY HOME...some of us have been ordered to shelter in place.  Wow.  A term I never heard in my entire life...

So -- here's my alternative birthday party.  SEND ME AN EMAIL and let me know what you are doing TOMORROW.  March 29th....on my birthday...

I am always a little disappointed when a Christmas cards doesn't have notes in them...so don't just wish me a Happy Birthday.   Please participate in my QUARANTINE birthday celebration....

Tell me what your plans are for this beautiful spring Sunday...what the weather is like where you are -- send me a recipe, or a picture of yourself at your sewing machine.  I'd love to hear how you are surviving this quarantine.  Recommend an interesting website, blog or favorite book.  Help me celebrate my 71st birthday!!

My email is:  farrorita@gmail.com

THANKS...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment