Saturday, March 23, 2019

Princeton Library Events!

I am a BIG FAN of libraries. Really. A big fan. I have spent time in and loved libraries in every town I ever lived in.

I'm sure it started when I was a kid, and the bookmobile came to our town.

Throughout my life, walking into a library has always felt like going home.

And I hope this is a gift I've given to Lilly and Warren. We frequent seven libraries.... LeClaire, Eldridge, Davenport (has 3 libraries, and we go to all of them!), Bettendorf (a favorite), and -- of course -- our favorite little library -- right here in Princeton.

Although the Princeton library is very small, and has limited hours -- they do an incredible job of scheduling events and activities for children. I am always AMAZED (and disappointed) that more people don't take advantage of this little gem in our town.

Because, unfortunately, Lilly and Warren are often the ONLY children in attendance.
For example -- this event -- "Marshmallow Painting".  
Lilly and Warren had the room all to themselves.
That's my cousin Kim on the left -- we often meet at the library for a chat and a cup of coffee. Rachel (a new librarian-in-training) is on the right.
I go into a library once or twice a week -- depending on the events. It's where I get all my audio books (which I check out in batches of 4), it's where I took Warren from the time he was 3 for toddler Time...this year, the kids went to the Winter Carnival, last year they saw birds of prey...and they do crafting events almost every month.  AND -- it's where I go to pick up a FREE Museum pass...

Here's my point.  If you are NOT a frequent visitor to your local library -- you are missing something great.  Really.

And if you are an important person in the life of a child -- give them this gift.  It won't cost you a nickel -- and it will last for their whole life....help them fall in love with a library...

P.S.  today, at Noon -- Lilly and Warren are signed up for a Harry Potter Escape Room at our little library.

2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid the bookmobile stopped right in front of our house every two weeks! I loaded up each time! The Puyallup Library has loads of events for kids, tweens, teens, adults, seniors.

    ReplyDelete