Friday, March 22, 2019

KFC versus Popeye's

When my Sunday goes as planned, I go to the pool at the YMCA, then I visit Val. Often, I deliver her favorite food -- KFC fried chicken.

Meal #21.

One chicken breast, with a side of coleslaw, a biscuit and a chocolate chip cookie. $5.19.
Val ONLY eats chicken.  No burgers for her...no Chinese, no pizza, no Mexican food.  ONLY CHICKEN.  And KFC  is our go-to dinner.  

But, inspired by our recent "Butterfinger" challenge-- I decided to do a comparison between KFC and Popeye's chicken...
This is what we get from KFC for about $5...and we LOVE their coleslaw...
The Popeye's coleslaw was not as good as KFC.
Popeye's biscuit on the left...KFC on the right.  Again, KFC is the winner.
Popeye's chicken was good. Crispy, but not exactly tasty...
SO -- HERE'S OUR OVERALL RATING:

CHICKEN:    KFC wins
Coleslaw:       KFC wins
Biscuits:         KFC wins

And --hey -- did I mention the fact that KFC had a chocolate chip cookie??

So much for our latest taste test...

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with those ratings! (And now I'm hungry for KFC!)

    ReplyDelete