Monday, March 11, 2019

Blanket Handles

So, okay -- you know all about my sheet-sharing-service. I take fresh line-dried sheets into Val's house every-other-Sunday. It's a fun thing for me to share some of my superfluous bed linen knowledge with my friend.

Because of her debilitating arthritis, the act of pulling wet sheets out of her washing machine is a very big, painful job.

I especially love changing Val's bed with the seasons...and as the weather got colder, of course, I added some blankets.
But I didn't realize how hard it is for Val to pull winter blankets up from the bottom of the bed.
Well, DUH, Rita!! Of course that's difficult for her. I think Val's had 19 surgeries, two knee replacements, a hip replacement, an elbow fusion, four different hand surgeries...and her hands are basically worthless. If you paid her a million dollars, she could not make a fist.

So -- of course -- I decided to make a blanket handle. !!

As it happens, I had a t-shirt that was the PERFECT matching color.
I cut 3" strips out of the t-shirt, and sewed it down every 6" or so...
My logic was Val can hook her hand under the t-shirt strip, and pull the blanket up...
I sewed the "handle" all across the top of the blanket...
Oh, yeah, this was a very good idea...

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great friend to Val. So cool. Your blanket handles idea is priceless! Very creative! Enjoy your day! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete