Thursday, March 14, 2019

Mary's Visit, Day 3

I am lucky to have ANY PICTURES AT ALL of Mary and her recent visit. The battery charger for my favorite camera is MIA...and then, I have this new laptop -- with WINDOWS 10 -- and nothing about my old (not favorite) camera (born in 1993?) wants to marry with this 2018 computer.

But -- enough whining for today. (But consider yourself warned -- I am planning to do some BIGTIME WHINING in the very near future)...

On Thursday, we were planning to visit Cedar Rapids -- where my young friend Anne would be our tour guide.

However, life got in the way of that trip...so we spent the day in nearby Clinton, Iowa instead. Anne came to join us -- and it was an action packed day...

And, of course -- THERE WAS TREASURE..


Anne found the perfect "church" plate. (it was a private Lutheran joke)
It's a discount department store straight out of the 60's.  BEFORE Walmart...
.
At our first thrift store, Anne found this red wool circle wrap...THAT'S CASHMERE, PEOPLE...
A few years back, Mary and I did a Ya Ya show that was all about WRAPS -- and the wrap we featured in that pattern came from a circle wrap I purchased in NEW YORK CITY.  So, of course, we called it the "New York City Circle Wrap"...
This wrap still had the tags on it...and the price???  $8....
We had to go to Bargain Bonanza, a wonderful GIANT thrift store in North Clinton
Then -- on to a NEW PLACE.  I can't believe I never thought about taking Mary to Paul's.  OMG...
Paul's has a little bit of everything...hunting gear, kids clothes, garden items, chicken feed, cast iron cookware...
…..candy cigarettes...!!
Anne was raised in Clinton County -- so she is well familiar with the area.  AND PAUL'S IS A HOOT...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment