Tuesday, March 12, 2019

2018-2019 WINTER

Hey -- this really has been a WINTER.

If you live in the Midwest, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. We had our first snow in November...then there were ice storms...and unbelievable frigid cold temperatures....more snow...and it j.u.s.t...k.e.p.t...c.o.m.i.n.g….

Last Wednesday, we had another "ALL DAY SNOW EVENT". It's March...and there's a good chance this will be the last "snow event" of the winter.  I sat in my living room, working on Winter Puzzle #135 (just guessing) -- looking out the picture window.  I knew I wouldn't be able to leave my house on Thursday...so I just kept working on my puzzle, watching the snow...and before I knew it, it was 4:00 AM. 

It occurred to me that I actually love winter. 

You just FEEL GOOD that you've survived it, y'know?  Because of WINTER -- you have to make the most of the good days...and you look forward to being able to get out...and you plan your escape. But, then, you have no choice but to hunker down on the bad days. 

And those bad days have made me grateful for so many simple things. Heat. Television. Sewing projects. Books. Coffeemakers. Puzzles....

Indoor plumbing.....  

The thing is -- there is a certain satisfaction in actually DOING things like shoveling the sidewalk. And because you absolutely CANNOT get out of your house on many days -- you SUPER ENJOY the days when you CAN get out of the house. 

And -- if you do all that -- if you survive the winter...it is exhilarating.  YOU ARE TRIUMPHANT...truly...


2 comments:

  1. I'm very happy that you survived the winter and winter storms!!!! It has been crazy winter weather lots of places this year. I'm in Western NC and since the time changed it has made my mood alot better. The longer evenings are so nice! The bad weather days do make us thankful for sunny days! Hope you have a nice evening! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete