Thursday, March 7, 2019

Butterfinger "New and Improved"

HEY -- I AM SOOO excited about getting back to my normal life. And I am enjoying blogging about NOTHING IN PARTICULAR.

For example -- next week is the big "Bachelor" Finale!!

After Mary's recent visit to Iowa, I'm pretty sure she'll be tuning in to see what happens to the hapless-yes-I-am-a-virgin-and-now-you-know-why Colton...

I refuse to apologize for my addiction to crappy television. I wouldn't have been able to get through this horrible winter if it hadn't been for "Married At First Sight", The Real Housewives, "The Bachelor", "Sister Wives" and the quite remarkable "Seeking Sister Wife"...

YIKES...

One thing that has been a constant in this loooong winter was having Lilly and Warren every weekend. We did all the usual indoor activities...there was cooking, puzzles, crafts, board games...
we made homemade ice cream AND butter...we went to every Museum in a 30 mile radius at least once...

Last week, my sister-in-law Jeanne told me that her favorite candy bar, Butterfinger, had a new, improved recipe.

HEY -- TIME FOR A TASTE TEST...!!

The FIRST part of our mission was to purchase a new, improved Butterfinger...
AND then, the more difficult thing was to find an OLD, unimproved Butterfinger
Add caption
The problem was that the NEW candy bar was a bigger size than the OLD candy bar...
To make it a true blind taste test -- Lilly taped the candy bar wrappers on the bottom of identical plates.
We chopped the candy bars into small bits...the kids tested first...then, they mixed up the plates so that I could do a blind taste test.
AND THE WINNER IS....(drumroll)….OH, YEAH...THE NEW, IMPROVED BUTTERFINGER HAS EVEN MORE PEANUT BUTTER.  It is really excellent.  Good job, Butterfinger Gods...

Hey -- it's been a very long winter. We have to pass the time...and some activities are simply more delicious than others.

It's a good thing...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment