Monday, March 4, 2019

My Break Is Over!!


My "blog break" is officially over.  YIKES.  You may think, since I've been posting re-runs, that I'm sitting on my ass here in Iowa, relaxing and eating bon-bons...

but -- let me tell you --- noooooot so much!! And I have a lot I want to share with you...starting, of course, with Mary's 2019 visit.

Mary's winter visit to Iowa is always a great way to kick off a new year -- and 2019 was no different.  We had a wonderful time...and I'll be posting some pictures and reporting on our special activities...

Here was the "itinerary" I sent to Mary -- the week BEFORE she came:

Monday, February 25, 2019

Mary arrives late in the afternoon. 

She and I will go out for supper and catch up.

Then, home to unpack, etc.



Tuesday, February 26, 2019



·        Pancake breakfast with John

·        Davenport thrifting? 

·        Pool?  Pedicure?

·        Supper with Ross…and maybe a tour of his house??  (it’s his last day off in this cycle)



Wednesday, February 27, 2019

·        TMBC Library sew-in.  We’ll set up our Featherweights, and make tunics.  KIM IS COMING, TOO…and she’s going to use Deb’s white Featherweight!!

·        swimming…

·        Sister Supper?…maybe Biaggi’s or new place next to the Y?   Ronda and Deena…



Thursday, February 28, 2019



·        Plan A:  Cedar Rapids.  Phyllis is going with us (Clinton is our Plan B).  Anne will drive us around town in her van – we’ll see the AMAZING GRANT WOOD windows at the Veteran’s Memorial.  We’ll eat breakfast before we leave the house, and lunch with Anne.  Leave CR by 3:00 -- home by 4:30…



·        Game night/pizza with the E team..?



FRIDAY, March 1, 2019



Wake up at 4:00 AM to take Mary to the airport for her 6:30 AM flight…ugh…

********

So -- that's the actual P.L.A.N....what could go wrong?


No comments:

Post a Comment