Thursday, November 15, 2018

The Iowa Theater

Here's the wonderful thing about life. One thing leads to another...

I started off going to the Quilt Expo in Madison, Wisconsin. There, I met Julianne Donofrio. She invited me to the premiere of her documentary, Pieced Together...which took me on a scenic road trip with Rhonda and Phyllis -- to Winterset, Iowa.

In Winterset, we visited the Iowa Quilt Museum...which was a worth the whole trip, just on it's own.

Before I tell you about the documentary...which is our whole reason for being in Winterset...

I must tell you about the Iowa Theater.

The Theater sits right on the town square in Winterset, Iowa.  Many of the stores around the square were vacant...and having no theater, no reason to go downtown, seemed to speed up the abandon...

 Well, this story is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G...

And, thanks to Marianne Fons and her daughter Rebecca -- the theater has reopened.
And I GOT TO GO THERE....

But before I write about our Premiere event -- you really need to read about the renovation of the Iowa Theater...and the award-winning Des Moines Register did a better job of telling this story than I ever could.... wonderful article from the Des Moines Register.

No comments:

Post a Comment