Friday, November 9, 2018

My 2018 Fall Trips

I am WAY BEHIND on reporting my Fall Adventures. Happily, because I've been  busy having SO MANY OF THEM..!!

Before you know it -- the holidays will be here -- and my 2018 S.E.W. Retreat (see what I mean? You don't even know what I'm talking about!) -- and I'll never be able to bring you up to speed...

To review -- my cousin Linda and I went on a one-day bus trip up to Madison, Wisconsin for the fabulous Quilt Expo.
We had a WONDERFUL TIME.
My friend Deanna met us at the door -- and gave us the Cook's tour...
It was a wonderful show -- which gets bigger and better every year!
BUT HERE'S THE PART I HAVEN'T HAD A CHANCE TO WRITE ABOUT...
Deanna introduced me to Julianne Donofrio -- a young documentary film maker who was in town for the Wisconsin premiere of her documentary -- Pieced Together.
A few days after Sew Expo, I received an invitation from Julianne to attend the IOWA PREMIERE of her award-winning documentary.

It's about the phenomenon of Quilt Blocks painted on barns.  And I was sooo excited about seeing it.  And the Iowa Premiere will be taking place at the IOWA QUILT MUSEUM...which is in Winterset, Iowa.

The home of Marianne Fons!!

Mary's mother...the famous first half of Fons and Porter...

I MISS MARY FONS..!! She's so busy, she hasn't been writing Paper Girl...(oh, another digression...)

OF COURSE I'M GONNA GO...but, it would be nice to have some company on this trip...hummm...

*****************


Random photo of me, John and Frankie...with a guest -- Rose.  Who was visiting from Chicago that day...I am missing summer...and fall...we have snow on the ground this morning. And it's cold and dark...
I HATE the time change...it gets dark by 4:30....ugh...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been super busy. Which is a good thing :-). Wonderful pictures and adventures. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete