Monday, November 19, 2018

Sharpless Auctions

If I hop on I-80 and head west for less than an hour -- I will arrive at Sharpless Auction House.  I consider this cheap entertainment...and SUCH A WONDERFUL treasure hunt.  You never know what you might find.

My cousin Kim and I headed out...we were going to meet my friend Bert there.  They have food, too -- and the BIGGEST pork tenderloin sandwich in the State of Iowa!!  Along with homemade pies, and lot of Amish baked goods...oh, yeah -- this is gonna be fun...
They have a giant sign on I-80.
There are three huge warehouse buildings...and EVERY SINGLE WEEK...they have a huge consignment auction.
There is so much stuff -- cars, trailers, household furniture, linens, toys, appliances...you cannot imagine.
They have SIX AUCTIONEERS working at the same time!!
On this night, I found my mother's sewing machine (which I did NOT buy)
On any given week, they sell about six sewing machines.  (usually for less than $10)
Many dressers...some will go for as little as $5...
Although, the Ouija board sold for $40.  (I didn't understand why)
I didn't stick around for the train pinata.
The fun part is going through all the boxes before the auctioneer gets to them.
I don't even know what I'm taking a picture of!
So much random stuff.  You just can't imagine...
There were at least 300 chairs of all kinds.
You have to get a bidding number in order to play the game...
On this night, they had about 200 pots of mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment